Monday, April 12, 2010

Interview with Lin Foulk

In a previous post, I wrote about my experience hearing Lin Foulk's lecture on women in music.  What I did not mention then was that she and her colleague Deanna Swoboda presented a concert as well. They each played solo works for horn and tuba as well as duets as TubaCor.  After the concert there was a lovely reception, and I was able to speak with Lin Foulk.  Though she is extremely busy, Dr. Foulk agreed to engage in an interview with me on behalf of TubaCor.  Our dialogue took place via email, and she said that I could post her responses on my blog. Dr. Foulk gave really in depth responses that inspired me and gave me insight into the inner workings of a professional brass ensemble. I'm sure even male readers will be able to relate to Foulk's feminine perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment